Saturday, July 22, 2006

It Girl, Friday, July 21, 2006: Katya



The It Girl for this week is none other than Katya! Click on www.truthserum.org for more info! An interview with Katya is below. The lovely photo of her was taken by Eric Hess of In Newsweekly.


BSC: Katya, how were you brought to the United States? And how long have you
been here?

Katya: I have been in United States for only short time. I arrived shortly after
Christmas 2005. I came from Paris, where I had been living for ten years.
I love Paris, but I had to escape very turbulent marriage to a scumbag
painter with whom I shared cock-roach infested apartment on the Seine. I
choose America because I have better chances of making millions here.

BSC: Are you single? Looking?

Katya: I am currently single, and yes, of course, I am looking. In spring and
summer months I feel extraordinary longing in my erogenous zones. Here in
America, I feel the freedom of aggressively fulfilling my sexual needs. In
Russia women are pursued, and taken care of---is very old-fashioned. I
ignore this back-ward thinking: I am woman of 21st century. I am also
bisexual.

BSC: How did you get involved with Traniwreck?

Katya: Well, I did not plan to arrive in Boston. I thought it was New York, so
straight from the airport, I told the taxi driver to take me to Broadway. I
arrived at Broadway full of confusion, because I was sure that there would
be bright lights and many tourists. Instead, there was only sleazy cabaret
on corner of street called "Jacque's." When I realized this mistake, I said
to myself,"Well, I do not have enough money to travel to New York, so let's
see what happens." I went into the club, I demanded they give me job, and
here we are. Is very strange club, though. It is filled with transvestites.

BSC: I notice that you perform to a lot of Russian pop music, what do you
like when it comes to American music?

Katya: American music is shit. Especially the popular music of the current moment.
Russian music is better, because it is art and it is poetry as well as
music. Of course, there is plenty of Russian music that tries to copy
American style, but that music is also shit.

BSC: What happened during the fourth of July? Did the authorities try to haul
you away? Are you here illegally?

Katya: It was very stressful situation. The immigration police entered the club,
undercover, and seized me during one of my numbers. Frankly speaking, I was
petrified. But after some very difficult, very taxing negotiations, the
agents and I were able to come to an agreement which grants me permission to
stay in the country for indefinite period of time. I cannot describe the
amount of verbal and physical gymnastics I had to perform in order to seal
that crappy deal.

BSC: Do you have a role model?

I have many role models. I draw inspiration from Alla Pugacheva, perhaps
the most well-known and cherished singer in Russia. My mother, whom I knew
for only short time (although not exactly role model---she was prostitute)
watches over me and gives me courage. I try to recognize strength and
beauty in everyone, even the crippled homeless woman who nearly vomited on
my shoes this morning. We are all children of God, and we are all special.

BSC: When and where can people hear you perform?

I perform on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Mondays at Jacque's Cabaret on 79
Broadway. Come see the show! I am also available for weddings, baby
showers, birthdays and any other special occaision (my fee is six figures.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home